[LUG] Video editing in 2020 ...

Anyone here do any video editing with Linux (of-course) ?

Just got myself a GoPro and I used OpenShot in the past and am using it now, but it's as clunky as a clunky thing on my desktop - which is not a terribly brilliant specification PC by any standards, but it's faster than what I last used OpenShot on, yet OS seems much much slower and clunkier.

Motherboard is currently an i3: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz with 16GB of RAM and a reasonable SSD (Samsung EVO)

I don't mind that it's currently running all 4 cores flat-out and will take 2 hours to "render" a 25 minute video, it's the interactive stuff that is annoying me. It clunks. Frame by frame at times. This is during interactive playback to check the transitions and titles are working.

And this "rendering"? The source video is 1080p at 30fps, the output is also 1080p at 30fps, render speed is 6.8fps, so what.is.it.doing ???

Oh, and to put that 25 minute video together with about 5 title screens combining 5 separate video files (GoPro splits videos into 4GB chunks) caused my PC to go into a bit of a melt-down and it ran out of RAM and crashed OpenShot at one point - I am running the latest OpenShot too.

So other than buy a new PC (which I will do next year) anyone have any experience of any other video editors that might perform better at the interactive stage than OpenShot?

Cheers,

Gordon