Re: [LUG] Random shutdowns

On Fri, 26 Apr 2019 17:20:34 +0100
Pentiddy <pentiddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Pentiddy,

Is this your laptop?

>The hope amongst other things was to resolve the odd fan ramping then
>shutdown that was happening.

Have you;

Cleaned the inside of the computer, including all fans? (0)

Removed CPU fan/heatsink assembly and (re)applied heatsink compound?
(arctic silver is highly regarded) (1)

Checked PSU? (2)

>It hasn't done that.

I wouldn't expect it to. But that might just be me.

(0) If a laptop, possibly not for the feint hearted.

(1) If a laptop, definitely not for the feint hearted.

(2) The random shutdowns I experienced, usually when load was ramping
up, were as a result of a failing PSU, which couldn't supply the
required power.  This was in a cased PC, but the principle is the same.

--
 Regards  _
I'm spending all my money and it's going up my nose