[LUG] Teaching Linux

Recently I have met a couple of people who use Linux. I have also been approached by some others about getting them started on it. This has got me thinking about what would be involved in training someone to use it.

Without going into unnecessary details, I soon came to realise that it would involve quite a lot of time and effort to make a good job of it. (And I would want to do it properly.) Or so it seems to me.

So I am wondering if anyone on the list is involved in teaching Linux. And, if so, what kind of experience they have had. I myself am thinking of just one or two people at home, (theirs or mine) but perhaps there are members out there who do it in a more formal way.

Anyone?

Neil