[LUG] microbit permissions issue

I am experimenting with the micro;bits we had at the Torbay Tech jam, I
can plug in to my PC fine, this is running Mint 18.3 and my Netbook
runs xubuntu 18.04. however i get the same issue with both.

I can upload a binary file fine, as in download the hex file and then
copy to the micro:bit using the filemanager.ÂÂ However once I have done
that, trying to update and upload an new or updated file, i drag the
file over and it does not copy as the file system seems to become read only.

Not sure what is going on here,ÂÂÂ I am not sure why the file system on
the micro:bit is becoming or appearing to become read only.

I can use the command line to umount /dev/sdc the mount it then i end
up using sudo to copy the hex file over, which, so the alternative
idea is that rather than simply becoming read only the permissions are
changing.

Any suggestions welcome

thanks

Paul