Re: [LUG] OT: Scavenging from a TV

shame i am not more local to you , i would have taken the gamble to
get a nice tv but nevermind , wish there was a better system at the
tip/recycling centre to rescue items like this before they get crushed
:( i know at newton abbott there is a re-use shop on the site of the
tip and i believe it donation based. I have used it a lot of times and
my sister loves all the bargains she gets there.

my most local tip that has a second hand shop attached is in straford
upon avon and that pretty good but they can't do electrically stuff
anymore for some reasons..

i keep thinking there must be some way via social media or the
internet to putting people together with this stuff?

maybe put it on ebay for 3 days see if you can sell it to a tv repair
person or someone with the skills and stop it getting crushed if you
got the time n space to store it a bit longer but nevermind it one in
million tv that will get crushed this year.