Re: [LUG] HTML emails

On 8 Jun 2017 13:22, "Grant Phillips-Sewell" <dcglug@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 08/06/17 12:04, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
> That - for me - is the downfall of the "PGP/GPG for security" argument.
> So person A has attached their PGP/GPG public key to their email so we
> know it's them... but only if we check, and I don't know about anyone
> else on here, but I don't check. How is it protecting against identity
> fraud if nobody checks?
>
> Grant.

You certainly have a point: if *nobody* checks.

Grant.

Precisely! I'm guessing that, given the speed of this reply, it wasn't difficult for you to assume my identify at all (likewise, if you know what's required you can even do it from your phone easily enough)... but how many people on here would know that it wasn't me even if I were to attach a PGP/GPG key to my emails?

Grant.