Re: [LUG] HTML emails

Hi Michael

I have no strong feelings on the matter of html (I use a modern client that handles it well) I also don't care about top-posting - at least, not since the mid 90's.

Maybe it's the rain making me grumpy, but the PGP attachment your emails contain also adds to the overhead in any thread you participate in.

This is un-needed to get the value of your words yet adds to everyone's bandwidth and storage loads, so is not efficient either. It's just as annoying as "stupid logos and graphics". Â(As I say, I have no strong feelings, only that there's a bit of hypocrisy here)

Not sure why you'd want to use the list to advertise your public PGP key, or care about encryption on a publically available list?

Perhaps mailman needs to be set to discard ALL attachments?

Just a quickie.. can I suggest/recommend that everyone refrains from
sending HTML emails saturated with stupid logos and graphics where
possible - it means that you very quickly start triggering the message
size limit on the list if you ever try to reply. Also worsened if you
happen to use GPG like myself ...
TIA,

Michael.