Re: [LUG] Safety Check

On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 11:27:47 +0000
Brad Rogers <brad@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 09:24:57 +0000
> Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Simon,
>
> >On Saturday 14 Nov 2015 08:42:55 Neil Winchurst wrote:
> >> I am very careful about what links I click on.
> >This one is the only thing that worries me, humans make mistakes.
>
> A good friend of mine works at Winchester University.  He's not in
> the IT dept, but is on very good terms with a few people that do work
> there.  In a study they conducted regarding phishing emails (amongst
> other scam/spam stuff), it was *always* the same people that fell for
> them.  No amount of educating them helped.  I'm not 100% sure what the
> outcome was, but all the 'guilty' were up in arms because they felt
> they were being treated like idiots.
>
> Sadly, it seems people don't _learn_ from their mistakes.

Yes, some people just won't be told. Another problem lies with a lot
of older people who were brought up in a very different world from
today. Especially they were taught to always be polite so they find it
difficult to just put the phone down on someone who is clearly up to no
good.

Although I qualify as 'older' I have no problem with hanging up on
someone if necessary. And I can be rude if all else fails.

Neil