Re: [LUG] Fwd: Microsoft scam man is sentenced

On Tue, 1 Apr 2014 06:10:23 +0100
Daniel Robinson <manipula@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Daniel,

>I'm pretty sure ofcom regulations state that as a business you are not
>allowed to contact people under false pretence, that is where the fine
>comes from I presume, I guess the 4 month suspended was given as the

OfCom don't have jurisdiction overseas, where many of the scammers call
from.

Even leaning on the telco to cancel the scammer's phone account doesn't
help much, because it's a simple matter to go to another telephone
company, with a different assumed identity and resume calling almost
immediately.

--
 Regards  _
We're going to hell anyway, let's travel first class