Re: [LUG] Flat-file database

On 06/06/13 21:13, Philip Hudson wrote:
On 6 Jun, 2013, at 9:11 pm, Daniel Robinson wrote:

Pearl!

If you mean perl, then, er, no. I need a GUI layout environment.

--
Phil Hudson                  http://hudson-it.no-ip.biz
@UWascalWabbit                 PGP/GnuPG ID: 0x887DCA63

Exactly, that is the problem with Linux databases like mysql. If you want a GUI you have to use a third party program. (Plus for many applications it is OTT.) There isn't one built in. To save being shot down in flames let me explain that there is, of course a place for mysql and the like. My complaint is for the lack of any monolithic type database *as well*. I am not knocking mysql.

Neil