Re: [LUG] Off topic, but can anyone help please ?

On 06/04/13 22:57, Julian Hall wrote:
> Advanced System Settings on the right, Yes when User Account Control
> whinges.

Do yourself a big favour and turn off UAC in the control panel as well,
it will drive you mad. It's probably better to leave it on for the
normal user accounts though... not that they should have the rights to
be doing anything that would trigger the prompt anyway.

Now they're in the same workgroup, if you turn on the various
media-related services and sharing, all the windows boxes will
automatically pick up each other's music, film and TV libraries via
zeroconf/DNLA - they should be able to connect to any Xboxes, smart TVs
and so on you might have as well. It's pretty cool (it can be done in
linux as well, obviously - I'm just saying).

If you want good interoperability with your linux boxes, install Cygwin
X on all your windows instances. You'll get bash, ssh client and server
and all the tools to do remote X from your linux machines, plus a
standard set of GNU userland utilities. First thing I install on any
windows, invaluable.

Cheers