Re: [LUG] Video editing

On 02/09/12 18:20, Gordon Henderson wrote:

> Curiously enough having just bought a new stills camera with the ability
> to take video, I was looking at this myself and No. 1 on my list is
> something called avidemux.
>
> This is one page of reviews:
>
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/top5-linux-video-editing-system-software/
>
> I did consider kdenlive, but it seems to want to bring in the whole of
> "K" which if you use KDE is ptobably fine, but I don't so it irritates
> me, so I've not looked at it yet.
>
> Gordon

OK. I have had several suggestions from you all and I have had a good
look at them all. I find them all difficult to get to grips with, to
varying degrees. The main problem is that none of them has any sort of
comprehensive tutorial or instruction manual. Since all this is new to
me that makes it all very difficult.

All I would like to do is to be able to join up all or parts of a few
short video pieces, add a title sequence at the beginning and perhaps a
commentary. Thus I would end up with a short 'film'. Perhaps that is
more complicated than I realise.

The most promising seems to be kdenlive, but the problem is that I can't
get the latest version to install. At the moment that requires a ppa
which I have downloaded and tried to add to the repositories, but it
doesn't work.

So maybe I should give up on the whole idea??

Neil