Re: [LUG] Remote Access & Dual IP Addresses

On 05/09/12 12:16, Gordon Henderson wrote:
> On Wed, 5 Sep 2012, Martin Gautier wrote:
>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Host it externally.

Good idea.

You may also find the router will accept the public IP on its internal
network and proxy it as your want back into its own private netork,
worth checking before configuring anything more complex.

I think also listing both IPs for the hostname would work, but I don't
know if DYNDNS allows that.

e.g.

mail.example.com. 1.2.3.4
mail.example.com. 10.54.32.21

Although you might connect to the wrong mail server if the network you
are on happens to have the same IP address (unlikely if you picked a
random subnet of 10.x.x.x as the RFCs recommend).

Or deploy IPv6