Re: [LUG] Photoshop on Linux?

On 14/07/12 10:13, Joe Buckle wrote:
Portability is a big factor as well.
You see this gets to me :). I *can* run GIMP practically anywhere and I *do* export to PSD for others at work. In fact the initial reason I got into Linux was 'accessibility' or the worst case scenario having the freedom to port something. That is not really the case anymore but I do think that initial idea of being able to work comfortably in any environment still sticks in most of FLOSS.

Did you try your friend on GIMP 2.8? She might prefer the singly window mode option. I know that doesn't help a great deal but if she is still trying to get on with it she might find it a bit easier.

Gibbs