Re: [LUG] Photoshop on Linux?

Hi Joe

Cross over does offer support for Photoshop, but sadly it's the older version. In short you can't run the recent copies of Photoshop on Linux. no Way No How.

The reason is that PS uses undocumented features and some extension to the Win32 aPi that the Wine team have not yet been able to implement, it's the usual Microsoft "Extend the standard" problem

The best solution I can offer is Install virtual box, and Windows install Photoshopthis and then run the Vm in seamless mode. This will give the appearance of PS running as a native app, whilst its actually running on top of Windows.

I also read somewhere that there are moves afoot in Adobe to port software to Linux, so there may be hope in the future.

Regards and Best Wishes

Rick Timmis
Abazander Ltd

Sent from my Dragon 32