Re: [LUG] Controversial ?

On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 3:07 PM, Rob Beard <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 28/04/12 14:32, Grant Phillips-Sewell wrote:
>>
>> I've been toying with the idea of setting up a PlymLUG (or PLUG) for a
>> while. It would essentially, for me, be a local extension of the DCGLUG
>> rather than supplanting it.
>>
>> Grant.
>

> One of the guys I work with in Exeter lives in Plymouth.  He's an apprentice
> in IT so just starting out but he has mentioned that he's used Linux before
> (I'm not sure if he uses it at the moment or if he's just dabbled).  If you
> do set something up I'll pass the details along to him as I'm sure he might
> be interested (especially since when his apprenticeship runs out he'll be
> looking for a permanent IT job no doubt so would probably find some contacts
> in Plymouth useful).
>
> Rob

I have been trying to get the fourth Saturday (ie today) sorted as a
regular Plymouth meeting, but 3 primary things have been getting in my
way:
1) Personal commitments always seem to get in the way (I'm down in
Cornwall at the moment!)
2) Finding a suitable venue for all that has good access and doesn't
kick people out because they're under 18.
3) Getting the word out there!

As it stands, I have on my calendar this:
Fourth Saturday, 2pm onwards, the Union Rooms (Lloyds/Wetherspoons
opposite the Pavillions).

Grant.