Re: [LUG] install mini meet at Parkfield.

On Tue, 24 Apr 2012, paul sutton wrote:

Hi

Is anyone available to help me install debian (or similar) at parkfield
one saturday afternoon please.   The next two saturdays are

28th April and 5th May,  as the week after that is the lug meet. ( so
would prefer to have our normal meeting protected if possible)

Can't make it this Saturday, I'll be here: http://ucubed.info/

I need to arrange this with Parkfield,  ideally do this ASAP.

we will need to install on six samsung netbooks (the ones I mentioned
earlier)

ideally the following installed too

python + pygame
geany as a consistant editor
scratch
stencyl (perhaps)
rtb (return to basic which is Gordon has written)
as i would prefer dual boot systems,  installed somewhere like /bin,
(gordon are you ok for us to use rtb with the coding group)

Sure - but dual boot what? Win/Linux - I don't understand the /bin reference here..

I'll have a .deb soon anyway.

and stuff i get messed up with a space on the hard disk that can be
accessed by both linux and windows (FAT 32 i guess), with permissions
correctly configured so it just works.

NTFS more like, if it's a relatively recent Win...

Gordon