[LUG] install mini meet at Parkfield.

Hi

Is anyone available to help me install debian (or similar) at parkfield
one saturday afternoon please.   The next two saturdays are

28th April and 5th May,  as the week after that is the lug meet. ( so
would prefer to have our normal meeting protected if possible)

I need to arrange this with Parkfield,  ideally do this ASAP.

we will need to install on six samsung netbooks (the ones I mentioned
earlier)

ideally the following installed too

python + pygame
geany as a consistant editor
scratch
stencyl (perhaps)
rtb (return to basic which is Gordon has written)
as i would prefer dual boot systems,  installed somewhere like /bin,
(gordon are you ok for us to use rtb with the coding group)

and stuff i get messed up with a space on the hard disk that can be
accessed by both linux and windows (FAT 32 i guess), with permissions
correctly configured so it just works.

I would consider kidsruby,  but there is no debian file for this yet,
the have a ubuntu based iso (kidsruby OS) with it on,  but no
independent package,  the source is available, though,  may be this
could be a group project,Hence if we dual boot we can install the
windows version and then install the other software on both respective
systems. allows for cross plat form development too i gues.

http://www.kidsruby.com/download

There can't be too many of us doing this so  4  perhaps including me
should be enough  I will also need to cc you in to.  Loraine who is
working with me to set the computer group, so we can arrange the
meetup,  make sure the  netbooks / and somewhere to work is available.

There are 2 car parks near by colin road is a public car park,  and the
park fielde car park is FREE,  i will ask loraine to provide directions
to this, so you can use the right car park freely.

I will create a debian boot flash drive or someone mentioned mint debian
(that may be a better option)  however if once we know when we are
meeting a few of us can do the same there is back up in case one doesn't
work, plus we can do more than 1 install at a time.

thanks

Paul

http://www.zleap.net
http://www.ubuntu.com