Re: [LUG] Local business win prize and are looking for PHP developer(s)

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 03:34:21PM +0000, Philip Whateley wrote:

> I don't often respond in a way that risks a flame war, but I must take
> issue with the comments on nurseries.
>
> For a charitable nursery, most of the income is from Devon County Council
> Early Years Entitlement Funding (the successor to the old voucher system)
> This is currently £3.62 per hour per child, up to 15 hours per week for
> eligible children (roughly from the term following their third birthday.)
> For a 38 week year.
>
> On the other hand, Ofsted mandate the number of children you are allowed
> to have in a nursery at any one time, the ratio of staff to children (1:8
> for 3 to 5 year olds); the fact that 50% of the staff must be level 3
> qualified or above, combined with single term entry to schools now being
> available in Devon, means that a typical PVI setting would be lucky to
> make £1000 a year surplus even at the rates of pay you quote.  (The £1000
> would then usually be invested in improved facilities, or retained as
> contingency).

Different bodies, different laws, different ratios and different results
but I believe similar calculations apply to long term care for the aged.

--
Henry
Communication not signed with an original manual signature or an appropriately