Re: [LUG] OpenOffice.org )-:

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 8:19 AM, Gordon Henderson
<gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So wifey has been getting along with Linux for some months now and in-genral
> most things are fine... owever she's recently been writing a report for a
> client and it's 50 pages with some images, tables, diagrams and so on - and
> OOo is crashing. She tells me it's worse then any version of Office ever
> was.
>
> So this is quite a blow.
>
> So what next? Get the latest OOo and manually install it (She's running
> Debian Stable) or manually install LibreOffice?
>
> Anyone moved to LO from OOo? How different are the menus, controls, etc?
> (because that's the biggest concern my wife seems to have!)
>
> Gordon

Hi Gordon,

Not sure if it helps or not, but I have been using OO 3.0.1 for years
now. I cannot remember the last time it crashed (if it did?!). This is
on Ubuntu 9.04.

I would like to get install the latest stable version of Libre Office
- but its just another thing i have not not around to yet.

best wishes
roly :-)