Re: [LUG] Anyone a treasurer?

On Aug 09, 2011, CHRISTOPHER BERRY wrote:

> SO anyone out there using a
  good reliable package they can recommend?

I have recently taken over two treasuries. One is a complicated system
based on Access and I have to stick with it because one day I would
like to hand over to someone else. Soon. Meanwhile I discovered
mdb-export which lets me migrate the whole thing to MySQL where I can
analyse the tables, check things and so on. My asmbition is to reconstruct
all the procedures for Cygwin and MySQL and then hand it back.

The other, much simpler, one has been done on paper and I find it
really easy to carry on that way. The auditor is happy with it. I have
a calculator for adding up and I find the bank can add too. I use TeX
for writing reports.

Tony