Re: [LUG] KDE Keyboard Shortcuts

Brad Rogers wrote:

To set it up, right click on the desktop and select "Desktop View
Activity Settings" ( Alt + D, Alt + S ).  It may be called something
else, according to which desktop mode you're using.

You should now see the Desktop Settings app.  Select "Activity" on the
LHS, and you'll be shown a drop down menu called "Type".  Change that
from "Desktop" to "Folder View", click 'Apply' then 'OK', et voila!

Perhaps my layout is different (Mint 10 KDE). (Alt-D and Alt-S are shown under Folder View Settings.) When I click on that I get a window showing the desktop settings. Under View the layout is already shown as Folder View. The other choices are Newspaper Layout and Desktop.

Even though I have it showing as set to Folder View I can't use the keyboard on the desktop. I note that there is also a widget called Folder View which may or may not have anything to do with it.

More research,

Thanks for the help so far

Neil