Re: [LUG] no login with ubuntu 10.04

On 07/10/10 21:04, james kilty wrote:
On Thu, 2010-10-07 at 20:17 +0100, Simon Waters wrote:
On 07/10/10 16:18, james kilty wrote:
I'd wait till you see the box, read the log files, make sure it is
starting GDM etc. Discuss precisely what he did and why with him.
He was trying to set up a network including a TV and his wife's
computer, found out nautilus could help and got into some diffficulty
with nautilus. He the used synaptic to see what came with nautilus and
uninstalled some of them!! Looking at the list in my computer there are
certainly libraries!
In that case just look at the dpkg log to see what went and reinstall them.
I did say I'd send him a list of the items listed when I look up
nautilus and install them again. If OK then nothing would happen - if
not, something would be added.

Thanks for all your help guys.

James

if you do manage to get the .evolution files off to somewhere else you should be OK. I seem to recall all account info is in them, not stored elsewhere. Worst case would be you'd need to re setup the e-mail accounts, but all the messages would certainly be there. There is also a backup option on the file menu.

Simon