Re: [LUG] OO dumps O

On 28/09/10 17:55, Grant Sewell wrote:

> Although I understand the reasons behind the move, I'm not sure many
> non-Open-Sourcey type people will understand the idea of forking and
> how "LibreOffice = OpenOffice.org".  I imagine it will take a while for
> LibreOffice to gain the same level of use/support as OpenOffice.org
> does currently.

In the GNU/Linux world it may pass almost unnoticed.

As long as Debian, Ubuntu, and Redhat all ship it included and enabled
for desktop installs it will just be their for most folk here whatever
the name. Worst case you have to relearn a name for the menu options,
but some distro's even went with generic names for those.

The pain comes in Microsoft Windows desktops where it is a separate
install, but even there is people get the right website when they type
in the obvious keywords they'll get the right product.