Re: [LUG] Possible solution for faster broadband to rural areas

I have spoken to the Company regarding this, and they are looking at
trialing 300 properties for this new service starting in Sept this year.
 Based on using the old TV Analogue channels from the Transmitter. It
sounds good!

On Wed, 2010-07-28 at 13:31 +0100, Shaun Orchard wrote:
> On 28 July 2010 13:13, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Surf/WP have been building up a fibre network for some time now. 8 years ago
> > I used them to run 10Mb connections from exeter (sowton) to a location in
> > Devon (Marldon), and 2 in Cornwall (Lands end and Cambourne)
>

> They also have a tower next to the Caradon Hill TV transmitter, which
> IIRC is or was used for wireless broadband purposes.
>
> I've never seen a company actually offering services through it though
> - shame, since I have quite good line of sight to it from my house.
>

> Shaun

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)