Re: [LUG] Possible solution for faster broadband to rural areas

On 28 July 2010 13:13, Gordon Henderson <gordon+dcglug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Surf/WP have been building up a fibre network for some time now. 8 years ago
> I used them to run 10Mb connections from exeter (sowton) to a location in
> Devon (Marldon), and 2 in Cornwall (Lands end and Cambourne)

They also have a tower next to the Caradon Hill TV transmitter, which
IIRC is or was used for wireless broadband purposes.

I've never seen a company actually offering services through it though
- shame, since I have quite good line of sight to it from my house.

Shaun