Re: [LUG] BECTA Gone ...

On 25/05/2010 20:15, tom wrote:
It depends on you point of view. BECTA did negotiate a lower license fee
for schools some time back. It may have done Microsoft based schools a
favor ... but it set back open source because it gave Microsoft another
crow bar to use to worm their way into schools with smaller budgets and
gobble it all up.
I asked my (Conservative) MP here in S Wales what the coalition government's view is on FLOSS, here's his reply:

'The government are positive about FLOSS because it creates greater diversity and competition. I am not sure about plans to use in government but would expect that when IT services contracts come to be renewed that they will consider the best option re cost, efficiency and security.'

Kind regards,

Julian