Re: [LUG] OT: Snow was Why don't they learn

On Wed, 06 Jan 2010 20:18:16 +0000
Simon Waters <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello Simon,

> My understanding of the Gulf stream causes was wrong, apparently the
> major driving factor is the trade winds, and the mid-latitude
> westerlies, and shape of North America, none of which are going to

Which disagrees with the main driving force I've heard about recently;
Cold water sinking rapidly in the north Atlantic.  Now, if the cold water
stretches further south than is currently the case (icebergs moving
south for example), then the Gulf Stream will cease to reach as far north
as it does now, cooling us down, making for colder northern waters, and
so on.  Of course, no single *internal* factor will be the root cause of
our planet's demise, things are far, far more complex than that.
Furthermore, I don't profess to understand all the things involved.  I
mean, even the experts can't agree.

In any event, it's all likely to happen after we've all departed this
earth.  At least, I hope so.

--
 Regards  _

I am alone there's nobody there