Re: [LUG] Online photo printing

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009, Adrian Midgley wrote:

2009/11/24 Michael Mortimore <nospamformike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 22:42:54 -0000, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Lasers are not good for most photographs.

Why not?

Colours.

Hm.

I have an HP4600dn colour laser (4 toner cartridges). I've seen demo prints off it which have been very nice indeed. Needs good (glossy) paper for that though.

I've never been able to get quite good results myself though via gimp, but I suspect I just never fiddled with it long enough. I gave up printing photos years ago... After getting fed-up with the inks clogging up the nozzles of my Epson 1270 thingy.

Gordon