Re: [LUG] Any LXDE users out there?

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 01:03 +0000, Rhia Knowles wrote:
> I came to one of your meetings one Saturday, kept missing the ones
> after I'm afraid. Dont know if anyone remembers me but I was the girl
> who used to work at Dtech?
>
> Anyway I have just changed my DE to LXDE from Gnome and it working
> pretty well, but there are a couple of little niggles I was hoping you
> guys might be able to help me sort out.
>
> 1)When i log in it autoloads Firefox, at a nonexistant address of
> www.%u.com I've tried changing the launch command in firefox.desktop
> to remove the %u after it but this still happens. I'd like to either
> fix the autolaunch or just remove it all together.
In FF change the startup page and select Show My Home page Tab

> 2)Is it possible to add other applications to the panel then the ones
> the menu offers? Eg Tomboy notes or some equivilent?

Have you tried just dragging a launcher on to the panel?
it works in Gnome, or right click and "Add to panel"

> Thanks in advance guys, Keep up the good work.
>
> Rhia
Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub) reprieved repressed(possibly!Definitely!)
Po House, Minions,
Liskeard Cornwall
PL14 5LE
01579363386