Re: [LUG] Greetings!

Well first of thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

>Welcome - though I am a bit worried that you claim to be a student and
>up at 6.40 am! It was never like that in my day mumble mumble.... Tom
>te tom te tom

>How about being STILL up at that time..?

This ^ I did TRY to sleep, it just failed badly.

>I would be interested in listening to the free music, do you have any
>sites where I can illegally download some MP3s ;-)
>
> For SETI I presume ?

Well I think you mean legally there :) I get a lot of my music from
Jamendo.com - Just be carefull when you download music to check which
license it is (it clearly shows it for each album) to make sure it's
"Free". And yes, most of my clusters are indeed for SETI. I have looked
at some of the other BOINC projects, but SETI is so far the only one I
can find that has it's source available under the GPL.

>You might be interested in TermiSoc, the University computing society
>(http://termisoc.org).

I have looked at them, and might pop along to one of their meetings in
the next few weeks.

I think that's about everything answered. I'll look into finding a venue
to organise something in plymouth. Although I might invite anyone that
wants around to my house here. Afterall, the other 5 students that live
in this house are allways keeping me awake at night with their wild
raves!

I'm about to put them up, so if you look straight after I send this you
won't see them, but there will be some pictures of my cluster on my
website shortly: http://fretgnu.org

Happy Hacking!