Re: [LUG] HP Laptop drivers

aashish kumar wrote:

>     Hi Aashish,
>
>     What was it you struggled to get drivers for?  I have an HP G6092 and
>     now have everything on it working brilliantly (although the wireless
>     does occasionally still cause issues, it's not common).
>
>     Grant.
>
>     --
>
> Hi Grant.
>
> My story is a long story. I have HP DV6516. First of all in BIOS there
> is no option for disabling SATA support.(as XP doesnt have built in
> SATA drivers) I have to find XP with built in SATA drivers. After a
> little searching on google i found XP with SATA drivers. And it
> installed perfectly but I was unable to install the drivers as it
> displays the message the drivers will run only on Vista. I contacted
> HP they told me that your laptop is specifically built for vista so no
> support is provided for XP. In other words no drivers are provided for
> XP. Then I found ubuntu with sata drivers but i was not able to find
> any of the drivers which works on my laptop.So I am using Vista Home
> premium for which my laptop is "specifically built" lol
> By the way have you installed Linux on your laptop??
Hi Aashish,

It was actually Linux "drivers" I was talking about.  My G6092 came with
Vista and there are no XP drivers (easily) available either, but other
than the wireless, I found it works flawlessly under Linux, and even the
wireless works (now).

You said you tried Linux but i could not find drivers for it - what
component were you specifically having difficulty with under Linux?
Wifi/webcam/graphics/sound/other?

Grant.