Re: [LUG] HP Laptop drivers

Hi Aashish,

What was it you struggled to get drivers for?  I have an HP G6092 and
now have everything on it working brilliantly (although the wireless
does occasionally still cause issues, it's not common).

Grant.

--
Hi Grant.

My story is a long story. I have HP DV6516. First of all in BIOS there is no option for disabling SATA support.(as XP doesnt have built in SATA drivers) I have to find XP with built in SATA drivers. After a little searching on google i found XP with SATA drivers. And it installed perfectly but I was unable to install the drivers as it displays the message the drivers will run only on Vista. I contacted HP they told me that your laptop is specifically built for vista so no support is provided for XP. In other words no drivers are provided for XP. Then I found ubuntu with sata drivers but i was not able to find any of the drivers which works on my laptop.So I am using Vista Home premium for which my laptop is "specifically built" lol
By the way have you installed Linux on your laptop??