[LUG] error with HAL on debian lenny

Hi

I get the following error if i do dpkg -l hal at the console in debian lenny

http://pastebin.com/m2d2a5bc7

if its significant then the output of uname -a gives
Linux duron1600 2.6.18-4-686 #1 SMP Wed May 9 23:03:12 UTC 2007 i686
GNU/Linux

which says I am running 2.6.18-4 which is odd as lenny uses a later kernel

I am trying to get my system to auto mount devices just as it did when i
was running etch,  it worked fine before the upgrade then broke

thanks afor any pointers or suggestions

btw man hal gives no manual entry,  so i am taking the error on the
pastebin page as an indication of badly installed package

Paul