Re: [LUG] Fluxbox

>> I have seen suggestions that I should add rox as a file manager. Another
>> idea was thunar. I am wondering now, why would I need to add a file
>> manager?

Thunar is pretty lightweight, Rox is also damn good - I used it when i was
running gentoo and was at that stage where I thought -funroll looping
everything and custom compiling really was how a distro should be. Both
are developed in GTK and both let you manage your files graphically rather
than the console. It's your prerogative which method you choose. Thunar
has slightly more functionality than Rox last I used them both (sidepanes,
plugins, numerous views  and things). Seeing as you mention you're
installing this in addition to Kubuntu, you already have KDE and thus
Konqueror. Avoiding the two other options might be better as you then
don't require installing the GTK dependencies..

> Anyway, finallyran sudo update-menus and then right-click worked as
> expected.
As for sudo update-menus, I can't see why that required root privieges for
what is, i imagine specific to your profile. I don't think I needed that
when using openbox but maybe that's one of the differences between them.

I went from Gentoo with OpenBox and a pretty minimalist system to Debian
with Enlightenment and then Ubuntu with Gnome. Nice experience all across
the board but needs change.

regards
Nick

--
IMPORTANT: This email is intended for the use of the individual
addressee(s) named above and may contain information that is confidential