Re: [LUG] Fluxbox

Neil Winchurst wrote:

<snip>

> I have seen suggestions that I should add rox as a file manager. Another
> idea was thunar. I am wondering now, why would I need to add a file manager?

Well a file manager is exactly that, you can manage files with it.

If you're happy using a terminal to manage (copy/move/delete files and
create/copy/move/delete directories) then you might get away without
using one, although some times drag and drop can be quicker.

I haven't used rox, but Thunar is the file manager as used in Xubuntu so
it's fairly lightweight.

> Any one on the list that has used fluxbox? Any comments, suggestions,
> thoughts please?

I had a quick play with Fluxbox but I found it to be rather basic for my
liking.  I dare say if you've got the patience then it's probably a
really good Window Manager for low end machines (or even high end
machines that you want to squeeze even more power out of).

Personally I'm sticking with Gnome for the time being.

Rob