Re: [LUG] DVLA

Simon Waters wrote:
> I noted this as a hole in my defences when I got a parking ticket for
> parking in what I believed was the car park of the pub I had lunch in
> one day.
>
> They can get the registration from your car (or anyone who sees your car
> anywhere), and ask the DVLA, and the DVLA hands over your information.

Does the DVLA's privacy policy *specifically* state that they will
provide your information to third parties 'upon reasonable request', AND
give a clear definition of what constitutes a 'reasonable request'?  If
not I think they're on stony ground to start with.  When I worked in ISP
Tech Support we only gave out customer details from the Police Liaison
Office - *never* from anywhere else - and only then after receiving a
Section 28(3) [1] Warrant from the Police (or possibly a lawyer although
I don't recall ever having a request from anyone other than the
Police).  IIRC anyone else asking was told to get one or no information
would be given to them.
> Oh and buying up pub car parks and turning them into poorly signposted
> car parks is an excellent money making scam^W scheme.
IIRC from law modules in university, doesn't the law have very specific
ideas about the clarity and placement of such signs? :)

Kind regards,

Julian

[1] I think that was the designation - it's been a long time :)