Re: [LUG] Viglen box

Tom Potts wrote:
> On Friday 11 July 2008 09:40, Tom Potts wrote:
>
>> Has anyone tried the MPC-L:
>> http://www.viglen.co.uk/webmail/5star-offers.html
>>
>> I think I'm going to get one to act as an everything server -
>> mail/proxy/nas (with extra USB HD)/ubuntu update proxy/print server etc and
>> was wondering if anyone else has tried one yet?
>> Tom te tom te tom
>>
> Oh and can anyone recommend a UPS to go with it - ie one that can run the
> viglen, a wireless router and NAS box?
> Tom te tom te tom te two

For a UPS - you cant go wrong with APC :

http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=252706&CatId=1416

- will probably power most anything you have at home.

If you want something bigger -
http://www.misco.co.uk/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=100779&CatId=1417

- you can pick up the latter(or very similar to it) - refurbed with new
batteries on ebay for about £70 - I have them both here and they cover
everything IT/Telco related including 3 VoIP servers (which cannot be
turned off)- I have never had any hardware failures or crashes and  I
have one machine here that has been running since 2003!

I have no doubt that this is due to the UPSes - the ability to take care
of browouts etc - houses should be fitted with them at the consumer unit!
* *