Re: [LUG] recovering XP in GRUB

On Thu, 2008-07-03 at 15:04 +0100, james kilty wrote:
Hello

My stsrtup menu seems to have lost the last 2 entries for XP.

The /boot/grub/menu.lst file shows the last 2 entries as

title.   .    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
root.    .    (hd0,1)
savedefault
makeactive
chainloader.  +1

similar for NT etc

What do I have to do to get it back please?

I need it for just the one Avery label programme.

Thanks
--
james kilty
http://www.kilty.demon.co.uk

edit the grub.conf should work have you used grub before?

ie as root type grub in a shell

or this may help
http://www.debianadmin.com/configure-grub-and-usplash-settings-using-simple-gui-interface-in-ubuntu.html

Regards

Kevin Lucas
Minions Post Master(Sub)
Po House, Minions, Liskeard Cornwall PL14 5LE
01579363386