Re: [LUG] Unhelpful banks and Contact Us Website Help]

William Rodney Sheaff wrote:
> If by  www.*   you mean something like: <www.norwichunion.com> perhaps it is.
> If you meant literally just:    www.*  (i.e. exactly those five characters)
> it looks wrong. In my case I didn't even enter the www.* bit, just
> nwolb.com , firstdirect.com etc. (no http://, no www , no https://). I
> suppose that just means  Konqueror uses the chosen browser identity for all
> site names containing ...nwolb.com... , irrespective of the protocol and
> irrespective of what else the page address contains. So in the norwich union
> case, I would do:

Usually filters like that worry about the domain, ie mycompany.com and
will accept all servers working off that domain, ie www, ftp, mail, news
etc.  I'm not entirely sure about https v http as those are on different
*ports* not just different servers.  However they may work under the
same principle.

Kind regards,

Julian