Re: [LUG] scanners

> The other problem of course is wireless.
Of course? My experience with wireless is that it's worked better in
linux than windows (or just as well in 1 case).

I've tried an Asus and a Belkin USB wireless dongle (neither of them
chosen by me or with linux in mind) on 2 different computers. In
windows the connection keeps dropping; in linux it works perfectly.
While the connection drops on the windows machine i've been using it
fine on another linux machine so I know it's not the AP throwing a
wobbly. 2 different APs were involved too one was belkin but I can't
remember what the other was other than it was blue (not helpful I
know). Also in linux it just worked (tm). in windoze there was much
faffing with drivers that didn't want to install and/or wouldn't
persist after a reboot.

Admittedly it's not an enormous sample set so I might have been "lucky".

None of this kit was mine. On my laptop it works just as well in
either and I just have to contend with the AP crashing and the cat
attacking the modem.