Re: [LUG] Helping newbies

Windows turned me off years ago.  I have a copy of XP running under Virtual
Box for the 3 or 4 Windows programmes I still need but I don't update it.  In
fact it had a cobweb in the window last time I used it.

I also notice that someone mentioned Computer Shopper.  Great for hardware.  I
first got interested in Linux from Charlie Stross's column but he has now
gone to write science fiction (I think) and it ain't the same.  I gave up my
subscription about 8 months ago when I realised that the excellent Windows
tutorials could have been easily improved by adding a paragraph on how to do
it in Linux as well without too much effort.  I must pick up a copy to see if
anything has changed.

George