Re: [LUG] Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

Quoting Clare Shepherd <clareeshepherd@xxxxxxx>:

>> My daughter uses Linux - mainly for Tux Racer, Supertux and similar
>> penguin related games. Of course she is 10 but I hope she will get to
>> know more than just the games.
>
> I'm sure that she and youngsters like her are the way forward. After
> all, Microsoft are getting worse (Vista anyone?) as far as the end
> user is concerned. She obviously has a "better educated father", -
> lucky girl.
>
> Clare

My two eldest daughters have a PC in their room running Ubuntu.  They
absolutely love Tuxpaint.

My eldest said something funny this morning.  She was saying about how
they use Google Earth at school.  She said that it's different to the
one I use at home because they have to use the 'Blue' version.

It turns out she was talking about Windows XP.  She said about the
blue bar at the top and the bottom, with the bottom one having a green
start button.

She said that my Google Earth is better (I'm running Ubuntu), so even
at 7 (nearly 8) she's starting to notice the difference.  I'm hoping
that eventually I'll be able to convince the school to run things like
Tuxpaint and  Tuxmath at the school, even if it is on Windows XP.

Rob