Re: [LUG] Linux in Schools/Colleges/Unis - was: Why are there so few women in our LUG - does this indicate there are few female Linux users ?

Brad Rogers wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:51:06 +0000
> Benjamin A'Lee <bma+lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello Benjamin,
>

>> As I understand it, the situation is that *any* machine that can run
>> Windows needs to have a Windows licence, even if it doesn't run
>> Windows.
>>

>> I assume this is because they believe every machine that can run
>> Windows will end up running Windows, because who would want to run
>>

> No, it's because Micro$oft are very good at getting such clauses into
> contracts, and the UK civil servants that worked on this contract are
> particularly good at not noticing the significance of such clauses.

I guess becta have just noticed this, and hence their recent advice
regarding school licensing.

Paul

--

Support open file formats use ISO 26300 Open Document format
as used by openoffice.org,  http:///www.openoffice.org

visit us on IRC - irc.flashtek-uk.com / 6667 #dclug