[LUG] backup with TOB

I have used TOB for years, starting with Colorado tape. I think it
works well and I intend to stick with it. So I was pleased to find it
is now installed as part of Debian. I was less pleased to see that the
backup you get is a single gzip file. Surely that is not a good idea?
I was told that if you do that and there is a glitch you lose almost
everything. I shall change it back to what it did before, which is to
compress each file separately, except for very small files and those
compressed already. I wondered what other people thought but a search
for TOB in the Debian user forum (sure, I'm not mad about forums
either) returned nothing.

Tony Sumner