Re: [LUG] Pruning discovery!!

martin.gautier@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Tom

point it at the freeview satellite

Isn't Freeview through the aerial via the traditional analogue ground
based transmitters?

Sky have a free-to-view service but I think you'll need a Sky receiver
plugged into the dish.

Martin

the way it works is like this. With a non sky digibox/pci card you get the "free to air" channels, all the standard stuff plus a lot of mostly rubbish channels but not channels 4 & 5. The same is true with a sky digibox without a sky viewing card. Using a sky digibox which has a card, even if there is no subscription, you get the "free to view" channels - basically the same plus 4 & 5 and a few other things. (I may have free to air and free to view the wrong way around).

Simple isn't it!
--
Simon Robert
www.oldhouse-cottage.co.uk