Re: [LUG] sharing lines.

On Wednesday 21 November 2007 18:11:21 Tom Potts wrote:
> My next door neighbour has adsl as do I. Does anyone know of a way of
> sharing the two as one so we can use each others spare bandwidth?

There are two options that I know of:
1. Put a router (or a Linux PC) in front of the existing ADSL routers and do
load balancing
2. Bond the two lines - you'll need a Linux PC running special (FLOSS)
software and an ISP that supports it (there is only one, AFAIK)

Option 1 is probably best, but I've never done it. Maybe IPCop supports that
kind of thing...?

Regards,
David.

--