Re: [LUG] Dont buy from PC World

Rob Beard wrote:
> Well it's possible that some people have purchased laptops from PC
> World just for the convenience factor (i.e. they're local, you can get
> the product on the day you want it rather than having to wait for it
> to be delivered).
I've bought two computers from them.  My desktop PC went belly up 23rd
December 1998.  I knew exactly what spec I wanted and fter ringing a few
places (yes Christmas Eve by then) PC World were actually cheapest so I
got it from them.  Ironically on the subject of warranties the hard disk
died horribly in February so a couple of techs came out to replace it.
They didn't turn a hair at the CDRW and TV Card in the box, both of
which they knew had not been in at as sold.  They just replaced the HD
and left without a word.

The second one I bought was the Compaq laptop some of you may remember.
The spec I wanted for a decent price.  That was the one I ghosted before
sending it in for repair when the PCMCIA switch on the slot snapped off.

PC World are, IMHO, OK *if* you know exactly what you want and stick to
your guns.  I recently bought a webcam from them too and that is good
quality too.  However if you let the sales staff get their claws in
you've had it.

Kind regards,

Julian