Re: [LUG] Dont buy from PC World

Quoting Ryan Carson <ryan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Just wandering.
>
> Was anyone here really a big PC World purchaser anyway?
>
> Smells like preaching to the converted y'know :)
>
> Kind regards as always.

Well it's possible that some people have purchased laptops from PC
World just for the convenience factor (i.e. they're local, you can get
the product on the day you want it rather than having to wait for it
to be delivered).

I try and avoid getting anything from PC World but I have on the odd
occasion picked up the odd item from them.

I could understand PC World getting funny if the machine had been
taken apart but the machine isn't licenced.  How I see it, if it's a
hardware fault they should honour the warranty.  It's not as if it
would be caused by a software fault!

(cue comments about Windows being a software fault in itself ;-)

I wouldn't be suprised if PC World back down sooner or later with all
the bad publicity.  I think they might have under-estimated the power
of /. and the internet.

Rob