Re: [LUG] Clock problems

Brad Rogers wrote:

> How many people under 30 can tell us what LSD (as in currency, NOT
> recreational drug) is short for, I wonder?

I'm just under 40, and can only tell you what LSD stands for because we
did shed loads of old maths O level papers. Pre-decimalisation you
basically got an O level pass for knowing how to work out change
correctly, decimalisation made this so much easier they had to introduce
all that "new maths" to fill the gap in the examination.

The first money thing I remember is Sherbet fountains being 7 new pence,
which would have been around 1972. My whole pocket money, and pricing,
as a child was subsequently computed in terms of an equivalent number of
Sherbet fountains.